Thursday, June 5, 2014

To Those Who May Love Me

To those who may love me,
oh won't you forgive me
for the countless times I am blind to see your love for me.
and for the many days I question it.

How often do I miss the spark in your eyes ignited by my laughter.
or the joy illuminated in you by my sole presence
How unawake am I that I cannot hear when you silently beg of me to be present 
with each warm embrace

Forgive me for pain engulfs me so
 I miss the creative ways you express your adoration for me.
So unaware, I fail to notice your recharged patience for me 
or
The glances you give to me with a sole purpose to remind me,
 you remember, see and have not forgotten me.
 Forgive me when I miss,
the hellos meant to take away every memory of goodbye
 the seconds and minutes used up thinking of me
the prayers spoken aloud for me with thoughtful words
the smiles thrown my way that go untouched by my eyes
the effervescent songs of respect that remain unheard

Forgive me for the many times I can forget to express my gratitude 
and my growing love for you.

But forgive me most for getting so caught up in my universe 
that I forget to remember you and 
all the galaxies that are within YOU.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Transition From Chronically Homeless To Not, Part 1

July 17th, 2018: Spirit buried down deep in our pockets. Sadness permeating the environment as per usual. Deep breath. I drive up the bi...